2011-2013 University of Cambridge: PhD (Land Economy)
- ESRC funded. “Interpreting Environmental Offences: The Need for Certainty”. Passed without correction.
2010-2011 University of Dundee: LLM by research
- LLM thesis on the effect of the contaminated land regime on understandings of ownership of land.
2005-2009 Brasenose College, Oxford University: First Class degree Jurisprudence (Law with French Law).
2007-2008 Université Paris II- Assas: Certificat en Droit Français
University Lecturer in Environmental and Property Law, Department of Land Economy, University of Cambridge.
- Lecture and design Legal Research Skills course
- Lecture Constitutional Law
- Lecture Land Law
- Lecture Landlord and Tenant Law
- Supervisor Land Law, Department of Land Economy
- Supervisor Land Law for Law Tripos
- Examiner Land Law (Land Economy)
- Examiner of undergraduate dissertations (Land Economy)
- Examiner Landlord and Tenant Law (Land Economy) and Assessor Landlord and Tenant Law (Law Faculty)
- Contributor to the Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership – Constitutional Law, Environmental Law and Land Law.
Graduate Teaching and Examining
- Lecture and design National and Comparative Environmental Law Course (MPhil)
- Lecture Legal Issues in Land Use and Finance (MPhil)
- Supervisor MPhil dissertations – Environmental Law
- Examiner for MPhil Legal Issues in Land Use and Finance
- Examiner for National and Comparative Environmental Law
- Examiner of MPhil dissertations
- PhD Supervisor (one current student)
- PhD examiner for first year reports (five examinations carried out, Land Economy and Law Faculty
Fellow Fitzwilliam College Cambridge and Director of Studies in Land Economy.
- Interviewer for Land Economy students for Clare College (2010 onwards), Fitzwilliam College (2013 onwards) and Newnham College (2014), Murray Edwards College (2015 onwards)
- Director of Studies in Land Economy, Murray Edwards College.
Conference Organisation and Successful Grant Applications
- Lead Organiser Conference – Post-Paris 2016 Energy and Climate Change conference (January 2016)
- Organiser and founder of the Cambridge Centre for Property Law Conference and PhD Day (December 2015, December 2014)
- Organiser and founder of the Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Governance Seminar Series
- Successful grant application for Paris Sciences et Lettres grant for collaborative programme with College de France and the University of Heidelberg concerning the resilience of legal terminology in the face of environmental consciousness.
Policy and Consultancy Work
- Academic Consultant Law Commission 12th Programme of Reform, Land Registration. Cited in the Law Commission Consultation Report.
- Contributor to NHBC Service Charges Project (M Jones and G Burgess).
- Book Review Editor, Conveyancer and Property Lawyer.
- Country Updates editor, Journal of the IUCN Academy of Environmental Law and Member of Editorial Board.
Affiliations and administrative responsibility
- Fellow and Deputy Director of the Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy, and Natural Resource Governance
- Visiting Fellow, University of Siena
- Member of the Society of Legal Scholars
- Member of the UK Environmental Law Association
- Member of the Cambridge Centre for Property Law
- Member of the Board of Land Economy
- Member of the Estate Committee, Fitzwilliam College